Yesterday I was restless and non-productive. Then I went to swim class last night and worked out some stress. Today is much more relaxed. I need more physical activity, even when I think I'm too tired.
Writing things here can be productive. I can run things around in my head and sometimes they get stuck,
but if I type them out here, then I can let go and move on. Case in point, the rude ladies at the pool.
I got there a few minutes late last night and a young girl who has been taking lessons as long as I have
was already there trying to swim her lengths. The two women were once again in her way. I got in the pool at the shallow end and headed to the deep end swimming on my back (so therefore unable to see if anyone was in my path) and they were paddling toward me. As expected, I bumped into one of them and they again were just going to ignore me. I stopped and said "Excuse me, can you guys move over??" and they did without breaking a stride or saying anything. It was just weird. Young girl thanked me profusely.
Assertive is good.
No comments:
Post a Comment