

I have to say this April has given us a real spring this year. The crabapple trees were very fragrant - I don't remember that before. And the blooms were plentiful.
This week should be the best though, when the lilacs are in full bloom. I have enough of them around the house that if there is any breeze at all, the fragrance comes in the windows. Lilacs are my favorite, probably because I associate them with my grandmother.
I was watching the latest episode of Thief last night on FX. Tivo cut off the last couple of minutes and I almost screamed.
It was an intense scene where the Andre Braugher ( http://www.andrebraugher.com/ I could watch him read the phone book - even his gray hair is sexy) character was getting ready to respond to his white step-daughter calling him the n word. I've looked around and all I can find are reviews that say that was an excellent scene with Andre doing an excellent job. I'll have to keep my eye out for repeats.
Lucy is finally free to run and play. Yay. That almost did me in. She was outside playing most of yesterday and when she came in last night, she jumped up on a chair and then was totally zonked. It was so cute :) I'm not sure that Katy is as thrilled at Lucy's lack of limitations as Lucy is though.
I'm almost finished with knitting a lace weight shawl. 10 rows to go, all knit rows. Over 500 stitches in the rows.
The needle breaks and several stitches are lost. I have not had the desire to pick it back up and work on it. It's just sitting there mocking me. I had originally planned to wear it to dinner this week, but don't think I can have it done in time. I want to finish it and start on another one.
I also frogged some socks that I had half way done. There was a hole in one of them and I really like the yarn so it was silly to not make some kick ass socks with it. Plus now I think I can come up with a much neater design than a k2, p2 ribbing for the top. I don't think I've frogged anything that far done before. It felt surprisingly good.
I find Augusten Burroughs books quite entertaining.
No comments:
Post a Comment