This is a few days old, from my other blog. I haven't decided which one to keep.
April 12
Today's hiking was at Dawes Arboretum. http://www.dawesarb.org/about/ I finally remembered to take the camera with me and the batteries died, so no decent pics. I may go back on a sunnier day with working batteries in the camera, but it's kinda far. There is this weird, neat cypress swamp thing and a Japanese Garden, and oh yeah - trees.
Not everyone is against trying to take care of yourself. I realized the FIL is going to be 80 years old this year. I wish I was as sharp as he is. Yeah, he may need a nap every now and then, but other than that, he's always busy doing stuff. He plans to rebuild the engine in the Honda for fun this summer. He travels a lot. He has always done some sort of exercise, daily when possible, walking even in the worst winter weather. When those other people start getting to me, I'll try to remember to think of his example.
I'm itching to get the hammock out. I would have loved to take a nap outside today. The thing is, I know Little LuLu will love chewing through the rope. It's not that easy to undo every time I want to go into the house, but I'll have to think of something. I've got some new books and the hammock beckons me.
No comments:
Post a Comment