I stopped for lunch here, where I ate a burger that probably took years off of my life, but it was good.

I did my hiking on the way down. First, I stopped at Cantwell Cliffs
This is referred to at "Fat Woman's Squeeze". I decided to go a different way because I didn't want verification :P

Some cliffs

A rare sight of red. There was little red in the trees because we didn't really have an autumn around here this year. Summer ended early and then no fall. No wonder I went a little wonky.

From there I went to Conkle's Hollow
I chose to hike the 2.5 mile Rim Trail even after reading all of the warnings posted around. For example

A tree root pic (who me?)....I loved those tree roots on this trail. Sometimes they were the only source of traction, and it was a long way down...

Looking back to the other side - I walked along the edge of those? Hmm....I bet that's what all of the warnings were about....

The view was worth it though. And I was quite tired by the time I got to the cabin.
Here are a few pics of what I saw from my cabin deck.




The next day I lounged around the cabin either watching videos inside or reading while sitting outside. I stayed out until my butt got cold :) For dinner, I decided to drive to Athens, home of Ohio University, thinking it would be a neat town. My brother went there, but I had no real recollection from my quick stop there all of those years ago. I got into the town and saw parking meters and parking hassles. I thought to myself that this is not the kind of trip where I want to deal with parking so I headed toward Nelsonville, home of Rocky Boots, to find food.
The next day, I came home. It was a short trip, but goal was accomplished :)
1 comment:
Awesome pics, BB! I'm glad you got some time to yourself.
Post a Comment