Friday, October 06, 2006

On closer inspection of the siding, some of the dark spots thought to be leaves are actually gaping holes. Insurance has been called. Husband says they wait to see how many calls they get and then if there is enough to be categorized as a "CAT", they will send someone out to check them at the same time. The flyers in the door have started - "We are local! Call us before the storm chasers get here!"

sigh

This is a repeat of what happened a few years ago. A damaging hail storm and the flurry of claims adjusters, home repair people, etc that lasted for months. The end result was the the neighborhood got a nice update and probably helped the home values in general. We got new siding then. We had just replaced the roof and 3 or 4 different people went up there convinced there had to be enough damage to get a new one and came down amazed that it was ok. Props to Able Roofing.
Anyway, I wonder if it was strong enough to survive this storm. The day we were getting the new roof
was the day I fell down and broke a foot and badly sprained the other ankle. Fun times!

I want my next house to be brick.

I didn't get around to working yesterday. But Monday is an govt holiday so I get an extra day this month to get it done.

iTunes - E, F, and G (I'm getting bored with this - I'll speed it up :) )

Eagle Eye Cherry
Earth Wind and Fire
Elton John
En Vogue
Enigma
Enya
Erykah Badu
Erik Prydz
Evanescence

Fleetwood Mac
Four Tops

Garbage
Genesis
George Harrison
Gladys Knight and the Pips
Grand Funk Railroad

2 comments:

hesira said...

I'm sorry you've got holes in your house! Hopefully, insurance will be swift and effcient, and you won't have to go through too much trouble.

vtwopoint5 said...

Thanks Hesira! I don't anticipate any real problems since we didn't have any last time.
I don't know why it bothered me so much. This, and a few other things going on reminded me of less happy times. But really, I have little to complain about these days.