Monday, October 16, 2006

I have underestimated the benefits of getting away by myself. I was trying to do the financially responsible thing and not go this year. I have so much to look forward to this winter (Baby B and a cruise!) and there is so much less stress in my life than there used to be, a solo tripped seemed unecessary. If the weather cooperates, I will be going away for a few days at the end of the month.

We took the dogs for a hike and as soon as I was in the trees, I felt a complete change in my body as the stress went away. I've been way more irritable than usual. I was telling my boss about this. He has no understanding of a need to be alone and decompress so he asked seriously what I do on these trips. I said, "Well, I get up and stare at trees for a while. Then I go sit by the lake and stare at water. Then I go back and build a fire and stare at the fire." :)

Here's a pic of my babies on the way home after hiking.


I'm getting pressure from my mom and my aunt to go to FL between the Baby B arrival and the cruise. My aunt's friend, who could be another driver, isn't able to go this year. Her other friend, who is older wants to go again, can't help drive. Last year our departure was delayed because the elderly friend forgot her teeth and had to go back and get them. I could not make that up if I tried. Anyway, I have a great time with my aunt, but that seems like pushing it. There's really no way to make plans that depend on when a baby is going to be born :)

iTunes - M, N, O

Madonna
Manheim Steamroller
Mark Morrison
Martha Reeves
The Marvelettes
Marvin Gaye
Mary Wells
Michael Jackson
Milestone
Moby
Monica & Usher
My Life With The Thrill Kill Kult

New Order
Nickelback
NIN
No Doubt
No Mercy
Norah Jones

Outkast

No comments: