Saturday, March 31, 2007

Sew, a needle pulling thread



I've bought some material. This is intended to be reversible placemats. You can't get much simpler than that! Now to deal with the sewing machine. I will drag it out of the basement today. It's a heavy metal machine, which makes the new models I glanced at seem cheaply made.

Yesterday was a Baby B day. She is so cute! (of course :) ). I got to spend the day with her and my DIL. I feel really lucky that I don't have to be the least bit concerned about how Baby B is being taken care of. The DIL is great with Baby B.

I'm not a violent person, I'm really not, but I sure feel like shaking the DIL's mother. She has got to be way clueless or way selfish. I guess all I can do is be supportive of the DIL while her mother does her best to manipulate her. Personally, my vote goes to her being selfish.

I watched a VH1 show about the making of Elton John's Goodbye Yellow Brick Road. His talent was pure genius. One guy said Elton would write an entire song while the guy was making a sandwich. One interesting note was that neither Elton or Bernie Taupin have any memory of writing Candle in the Wind.

2 comments:

hesira said...

I really like the colors and patterns you've picked for your placemats. What little sewing I learned as a child, I learned on a black & gold Singer that was orignially treadle driven. My grandmother had it converted to electricity in the 1930's. Just as basic as can be. It did weigh a ton.

Baby B is growing beautifully! I'm glad her mommy is doing well. DIL is lucky to have you.

hesira said...

April 4= Happy Birthday! Hope you have a wonderful day!