Thursday, March 08, 2007

The end of the crud is in sight.

I think I will live. Is it me, or do colds these days knock others off their feet as well? A cold will usually go to my vocal cords, giving me a very weak voice for several days, but this time, I couldn't even begin to make a sound for a few days. When stopping for food, I'd have to write down my order to give them.

I found a conversation from dinner the other night, my part written on an envelope. Oh my. When I don't feel well, I like to be off by myself. This shows that is a good thing for those around me. Here is what I wrote that evening.

But I'm not normal today.

I REALLY CAN'T TALK!!

It's what happens to me.

Why did you look at me? TWICE??

My eyes still work.

I can't.

Why?

Is that ever a problem at work?

I am in great pain. I take prescription pain/anti-inflammatory drugs! (I have a vague recollection of feeling someone was not grasping the seriousness of my illness :P )

If it's not better tomorrow.

You laughed at me again.

Several times in the night, I couldn't breathe. Ha ha.

You were laughing :(

I can't cough up crap like you can. My throat hurts too much. So then I can't breathe. (this was a dig at husband making loud, old man noises for the previous weeks - he gave this cold to me).

End of conversation. Good grief :)

1 comment:

hesira said...

LOL, sympathetically. I really enjoyed your side of it. I know, I got sick a couple of weeks ago and it kicked my bootie! I never want that again. I'm glad you're starting to feel better