Thursday, March 22, 2007

So sew

I don't know what it is lately, but I've been so flaky. The time change combined with the night owl in me has me staying up way later than I should. I just can't get to sleep. I think it's also the time of the year.

I want to sew. I used to sew all of the time, many moons ago. I have a machine that I bought when I was in high school, but it hasn't been touched for over a decade. I could spend money to get it oiled and working again, or buy a new one. The one I have is very very basic. Once husband has all of his office stuff out of the bedroom, there will be a place for it (or a new one). If I'm going to steek, it sure would be handy. I need new placemats and I want to make my own. Dresses for Baby B. Dresses for me if I manage to alter my body.

Speaking of that, I want to increase my activity level. I should put my hiking boots in my car so I can be ready if the opportunity comes up. I'm thinking that since I haven't gained any weight for a few years, if I just add some activity, I could gradually (very gradually) lose some weight. The goal is to be healthier. I'm making an effort to eat healthier too, but damn, there are so many obstacles to that around here.

Yesterday while working, I spoke with a young woman whose situation has put things into better perspective for me. Time to stop taking so much for granted and be grateful for what I have and where I am.

No comments: