Wednesday, April 04, 2007

Happy Birthday!

Today is my birthday! Yesterday I bought myself a present, something I don't usually do. I took my sewing machine to the Singer store to see what my options were. The machine worked fine, had a bit of rust, and would cost $69.95 to get it oiled and cleaned. There would be a few odds and ends I'd have to buy, like a zipper foot and things I have no idea if I still have. She asked what I would be using it for and said making little girl dresses is what is motivating me to start sewing again. Then she said "Let me show you this....."

The new basic machine was on sale for less than half price. She showed me examples of what it could do with ease that mine could do with effort, like buttonholes. So I bought it! Yay! I haven't let myself set it up yet, because I have a ton of work to do. I guess I will donate the old one to charity.

Today is also Hesira's anniversary - Happy Anniversary to you and your spouse! :)

1 comment:

hesira said...

Hi You!

Happy Birthday again! Good for you getting yourself a new sewing machine. I can't wait to see what you whip up with it.

Thanks for the anniversary wishes. We had a decadent dinner with really great wine. I'm still reeling a little from it! :)