Thursday, March 29, 2007

Tam #4

Pre-blocking
Number 4

During blocking
Number 4

Notice open window - YAY!!!

Number 4

What a difference blocking makes. If only everything could be blocked so easily! I did this one without switching to a larger needle after the brim. I thought I wanted more density so I stayed with a US size 1 for the entire hat. I discovered I don't like knitting densely. I didn't like this hat most of the time I was knitting it. I didn't care for the top. Then I blocked it and now it looks more like what I envisioned when I started, so I like it okay.

I have restarted a few items that I previously ripped out. I changed needles for both and they are going much better. I needed sharper tips for thebranching out scarf (yes, I'm behind the trend, I know) and I needed a bigger size for the hiking socks made with this yarn.
Classic Elite Flash
After learning I even dislike knitting dense wool, there's no way I'd like to knit dense cotton. Let's see if I finish them this time!

3 comments:

hesira said...

What kind of yarn are you going to use for the Branching Out?

Nice tam! and Yay for open windows!

vtwopoint5 said...

Thanks!

I'm using Knitpicks gossamer, a laceweight merino. http://www.knitpicks.com/Gossamer_YD5420128.html I plan on giving it to a friend for her bday, assuming I finish it :)

hesira said...

Ooo, lucky friend! I gave 2 away at Christmas, and if I ever make another, I'm keeping it for me.