Thursday, March 01, 2007

Experiment #2

Again, this is pre-blocking. I can see it now....one day I'll be saying "Oh, no dinner plates for dinner. I'm blocking the hats!".

DSCF0001
This part is my own creation. It's a simple design, but I was happy with the way the colors worked. For the colors in the rows, I used a short fibonacci sequence - 1, 1, 2, 3.

DSCF0002
For the top, I used a chart in the book. I'm less happy with the way the colors worked out. I was trying to work colors with the pattern, but the yellow toward the center did mostly what I wanted it to. Maybe for my next one, I'll try to come up with a chart of my own, we'll see.

2 comments:

Alison said...

Really nice design and I love the colors!

(I plan to make myself feel better by retail therapy. Kids have been sick, so can't get out, but man, thank goodness for all the nice online yarn stores:-)

hesira said...

I love it! The Fibonacci series is fun, isn't it? Great work.

Did you ever figure out how to prevent twisties? I was reading an EZ book the other day & found a tip, in case you're interested. Instead of wrapping the floats the same way every time (ie: over each time) try alternating over, under, over, under. That's what I did with Enid, and it really helped. I do, however have those, puckers. I don't know if that's the float technique or just me pulling too tightly.

Anyway, LOVE the tam!