Sunday, March 11, 2007

Still experimenting - #3

Here's the third try. I have mixed feelings about this one. The inspiration was one of the tams in
Knitted Tams, but I used up a lot of graph paper coming up with the details. The larger purple flowers are from a chart in a Dalegarn booklet.

Tam #3

Tam #3 Top

My calculations were a little off. I could have added some plain rows between the patterns and that would have improved the appearance. Sometimes I like the two shade background, sometimes I don't. I guess I need to get around to blocking these to see if the tam style is what I want to keep doing. Otherwise, I could just make colorful hats :) My next one may be just two colors....not sure yet.

I did not get the job - they had selected someone before getting my application and I wasn't even considered. So now I need to focus on the things I like about my current job - which should be easy this week. I have the week off. That's one nice perk - I usually have one week off per month.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Since I still have snow blocking my gate, I've been looking for a sign of spring. I found it when I saw your hats. I love them just the way they are -- the colors, the arrangement, everything. I wish I could put one on when I meet my friend for lunch today.

Good job,
Katherine Misegades

Alison said...

Incredible! Beautiful colors, very springish!

vtwopoint5 said...

Thanks!! They sure are fun to make.