Thursday, September 28, 2006

It's cold and rainy. I'm wearing jeans, shoes, and a long sleeve shirt. It's too soon. I'm feeling the result of not taking my trip to the hills...

I tried to soak up some green the last few days. I love the smell of green. I went to a trail at a Metro Park. The trail was less than a mile and it showed how badly out of shape I have become. Again.
This trail had steps going down the steep hill....and no steps going back up. It's a talent I have, choosing the most difficult way to go up! :) I'm always fascinated with above ground tree roots.



Yesterday I went to this neat little park in town. It's sculptured yews made to copy Seaurat's painting A Sunday On The Island Of La Grande Jatte.




From there I went to the conservatory to try to find the name of the plant I had pictured earlier. I found the plant, but it had no plaque. It's growing!

After that I was in the mood for some lavender - my choice was between lavender latte at Zen Cha or blueberry lavender ice cream at Jeni's. Since this was supposed to be a Trying To Deal With The End Of Summer evening, I went for the ice cream. Today, the tea would be really good..

1 comment:

hesira said...

Sounds like a good walk. What great pictures! I love those above ground roots. And the topiaries of Le Grande Jatte! I've just got to see that in person one day!