During the summer, a friend of mine got me going to old movies being shown in a downtown theater, complete with a pipe organ played before, after, and during intermission. It really is different seeing these films on a big screen. "We'll always have Paris." had much more of an impact than it did on a tv screen. My biggest discovery was just how hot Gregory Peck was. Yowza! So I've been on a Gregory Peck kick lately. It's not the same on tv, but he still looks good. Even daughter agreed with my discovery as we watched Roman Holiday on the big screen :) Yesterday I watched High Noon. He was a real hard ass in that one.
The specialist spent 45 minutes working on my ears and declared them ok. I can go back to a pool in about 10 days. His opinion that the benefits from swimming outweigh the ear hassles so I guess I'll keep my Y membership. I wonder if it was going to the different pool that caused the problem...but it always has open swim where the other has very limited open swims.
I MUST find a way to get more sleep at night. Yesterday's early appt took away one of my sleeping in days, and today daughter took her time in dealing with barking dogs, so I was up earlier than I wanted to be. I've never been able to train my body to go to bed early (as in before midnight) for any length of time, but I'll have to try again.
No comments:
Post a Comment