Kitchen Reclamation, Step 2 - I bought a hutch for the kitchen to help with organization. Pictures won't load - I'll try them later. I gave up my Sept solo trip to the hills to buy it - the cost of each was about the same. I told daughter to memorize where things were placed so she could always return them to where they belong. She sees me as totally unreasonable. The main reason for that is so that when I get the urge to fix myself some food, I don't have to spend time and enegry trying to find essentials. I hate that. And plus, I gave up my cabin time....I get to be picky about it.
Step 3 - I will be doing almost all, if not all, of the grocery shopping until the end of the year. When I asked husband about the status of the xmas fund, I got the answer I usually get. Luckily this time I asked sooner than usual. He is banned from grocery shopping until after xmas.
Now that the kitchen has a yellow wall, the hall color doesn't work well. It's a good thing I didn't get around to painting the stairway and upstairs hall with that color as planned since I will have to come up with another color. I'll wait until after the living room is painted to decide. I let my hair guy choose my dining room color. I've been looking at paint chips for a long time. People chuckle at my paint chip collection, but I like them. Anyway, when I was driving him around to do some errands, I showed him some of the chips (yes, I had them on me). Blues and greens. He looked at them for about 30 seconds and picked out one of each. I figured since I wasn't getting any closer to making a choice, I'd use his choice, since I trust his eye for color and style :) He nailed it! He picked the color I wanted, but couldn't see. It's called Harbor, a Behr paint from Home Depot. I bought the first gallon. Maybe the time off that would have been spent in the hills will be spent starting on the dining room. But I may not be able to do much more than paint it until after xmas. (Do I sound bitter?)
I've finished all of the pieces for the Baby B purple hoodie. I didn't have enough yarn so I added stripes of pink and white around the hood. I wasn't visualizing it right though. I thought the stripe would be around the edge of the hood, but it is right on the top of the head part. I thought it looked obvious that I ran out of yarn, daughter thought the stripes make it cute. She wasn't that into it before the stripes. Now to put it together. Maybe before Baby B finishes high school..... I may even try doing some embroidery on it. Total cost of this project - about $4. I think it's ok to experiment :) Oh, and probably no more new yarn until after xmas.....and after finding that great LYS......
2 comments:
The kitchen looks great, BB! It must feel good to be organized after all that redoing.
Thanks! You may have noticed I haven't posted any pics of the cabinets or counter. They are in bad shape, but until things like the new roof and furnace are paid for, they have to wait. So I'm doing what I can in the mean time :)
Post a Comment