Tried a different group a few weeks ago, but I don't think it would be a good fit. They were nice ladies and I didn't get any BS vibes, or snooty vibes, which is a "requirement" for me. But I don't know. But hey, I'm now on a couple more people's lists to email the "send this to x people"...sigh.
I find myself still relieved that I resigned from the other group. It was the right thing to do.
I found a really neat LYS over the weekend. I've been to a few, which were mostly ok, but again with the vibes I get, I never felt totally comfortable. I walked into this one and it was packed. It turns out they were having a huge sale on all cottons, linens, and other summer yarns. I went there looking for wool for the Baby B Blanket, but ended up buying this instead.

This is Classic Elite Flash - all cotton. I am trying it out for socks, but we'll see. One of these days, I'll remember that I really don't like working with all cotton anymore. Old habits can die hard. I like these colors so I'm sure they will be used for something.
But the vibe in that store was so neat. I walked out the door laughing and smiling. I know it could be the atmoshpere because of the sale, so I need to go back and see what it's like on a normal day. They have get togethers and things that may be worth looking into. It's in a strange location as in not in the city, but not in the suburbs - kinda both. That could eliminate some of that kind of "rivalry".
Part of my problem with the whole group dynamic thing is that a group is formed usually with some interest in common. It seems like after a while, that gets to be an "us" vs "them" mentality, which drives me nuts. I don't know how much is real and how much is my skewed perception - that's the problem. Maybe it's a complete distrust of that from my fundamental religious upbringing.
I saw a doctor about my ears today - she suggested we cut them off!
2 comments:
Get a second opinion! Do you wear glasses? That's something to think about!
And don't even get me started on Vincent's luck with that...
Hugs,
H
Ha!! Thanks for laugh! My ears have been saved. 45 minutes of scraping, irrigating, suction and blasts of air by the specialist - now I can hear. And thanks to the ears holding the glasses, I will continue to see.
Post a Comment