I caved. The air conditioner was turned on today. My poor puppies looked miserable. Last year we went all summer with no air conditioner. It wasn't working and we were waiting until we had to replace the furnace so we could do it all at once. The thing is, I LIKED not having air conditioning. I like having the windows open, fans blowing, lazy summer days in the hammock, drinking ice cold lemondade on the porch to cool down. Everyone thought I was insane :) Husband liked the electric bill so he didn't complain, plus he was in air conditioning all day. But the babies must be comfortable, so when it gets too hot, the air conditioner will be turned on. We may be able to turn it off tomorrow.
Tomorrow starts busy 10 days of work after having time off where I accomplished little around here.
We helped son and DIL move into their house and that did me in. I will be able to relax more when she starts her second trimester. On the way there, I stopped for lunch at a place called Teabaggers. Yes, I said Teabaggers.
I went to a neat book store. http://www.bookloft.com/ While there, I saw a 18,000 piece jigsaw puzzle. The completed puzzle measures 16' x 9'. I find myself intrigued at the idea. But the logistics - where would I be able to try to put something like that together? Think of all the room you would need just to be able to see the pieces. Yet still.....
Group dynamics - ugh. A group of women is even more UGH. Group leader has issues. She is one to avoid confrontation at any cost. This is the most extreme case I have ever seen, and I've seen some up close and personal. She tells people whatever she thinks they want to hear and then will immediately contradict herself. Basically, you can't believe a word she says. She considers herself to be nice....much nicer than anyone else. Everyone else in the group has been asking to get together more often, but leader doesn't want to. She has been using me as her excuse - saying I can't afford it. WTF? I am pissed. I took a month off in March to build my savings up some after it had been depleted, but I said all along, it was only for a month. She has been using that to others since then. I called her on it. She freaked out. Another person showed me an email where leader put it all on me even after I called her on it. Then she emailed me a big sob story saying she wants the group to be perfect and she gets so sad when it's not. Good grief. How has she managed to pull this crap for so long in her life? I told her if that's the case then she's setting herself up to be sad a lot of the time. Oh the drama. Bleh.
No comments:
Post a Comment