A few days off work - yay! Time to decompress.
When I was reading yesterday's newspaper, it was more like reading The Onion. Things I saw:
Mammograms cause breast cancer
Forgetfulness a sign of Alzheimer's
Reasons for obesity not caused by eating too much or lack of exercise.
Gays have older brothers. The womb makes them gay after producing a few boys.
And the most annoying thing was reading J.K. Rowling's comments about the next Harry Potter book. ARGH! I would have much preferred discovering those things WHILE READING the book!
I need to get in a pool. I missed the last couple of classes because of thunderstorms (they close the pool - insurance makes them) and I didn't sign up for summer session. I really should go to the newer Y and use their whirlpool, but I feel more self conscious there. It is almost always open swim there though and there's usually more room. My usual Y is more limited and is usually crowded at open swim. The last lesson I went to, I tried the breast stroke. I had been told it is one of the more difficult ones to do because the motions are not very intuitive for adults to learn. I also have a reputation for being slow to catch on :) So I swam across the pool and one of the teachers told me to do it again so the other teacher could see me. I did. They both had their mouths open in puzzlement. It turns out I was doing it just right. That just goes to show how HUGE this mental block is that I have had about rotary breathing while swimming. Anyway, my body really does do better when it has time in the water. I take a bath everynight, but I don't think I move around enough to get the full benefit :P
I think I am going to sign up for dance lessons this fall. The class is for line dancing, which I really don't plan to do a lot of, if any, but it's where I want to start. I had rhythm at one time, but I lost it. I want to see if I can find it again :) It's also advertised as great exercise. Anything to get exercise that isn't just exercise! If I find I can do that, then I might try more advanced things, we'll see.
I went to do crafts and tea but I didn't want to take my sock with me because I was at a place where I needed to be able to think. So I took the tank top I started long ago and forgot about. Now I want to finish that too. And finish my socks so I can start the next pair so I can start the pair after that.
My Moonville Tunnel pic won the contest (well, it was a random drawing). I'm awaiting my prize of a dvd, t-shirt and keychain.
1 comment:
Great site lots of usefull infomation here.
»
Post a Comment