Saturday, July 29, 2006

Whoa....all of that whining....I should go back and read my blog more often. It turns out I was feeling crappier than I was aware of, which is not necessarily a good thing.

I ended up getting an outer ear infection from swimming (gee, I wonder if I sign up for dance class if I will fall and break something - maybe I should think about piano lessons instead). While I was there, I asked them to check for a bladder infections just in case. Any symptoms? No. Well, ok. Again, I had a particularly nasty one where I should have been screaming in pain. I did let out kind of a scream when I looked in the mirror that morning though - that could have been a clue too. So after a couple of days of a super anti-biotic, I am back to my more usual self and I'm no longer thinking about amyone's mortality :P

I talked with husband about my wanting to go hiking on my schedule and he looked at me funny and said I should go when I want to go. It's a total non-issue with him so what a waste of energy worrying about it. I ended up going to see my mom with daughter yesterday because of appts and things and that worked out really well. We went to my aunt's house (mom didn't bother to call her and let her know) where she had cooked a HUGE meal for one of my cousins so we all had a great, old fashioned dinner - the kind with homemade rolls and stuff. I spend a couple of hours in her pool and managed to keep my ear dry and felt much better after that. And of course, I got a lot of blackberries to bring home from my aunt and tomatoes from my mom. Mom doesn't look well though.

As far as knitting goes....there is still the bind off for the second sock to be done. Good grief. I've started a few things for Baby B, but nothing seems right. I found a yarn where I thought the bit of color looked red enough in the shop, but once I started knitting, there was no way to deny it had pink in it. I felt that wouldn't work. Then I started something yellow with the gifted yarn, but the yarn is an old acrylic that was nowhere near soft enough. Then I started with a pretty,
soft aqua from the gifted yarn, but felt I needed to know whether Baby B is a boy or girl before I could decide a pattern to make. We find out, hopefully on the 14th. I guess I want to make things for THIS baby, not A baby, if that makes any sense.

No comments: