Another day of feeling weird as my work week ends and I haven't yet decompressed. This is getting to be a pattern so consistent I could set my watch by it :)
I'm feeling anti-social. I've unsubscribed from newsgroups even. Although I check on one to see that a friend in Haifa is still posting and is ok, but otherwise, I don't even feel like reading them.
Sunday was mom's birthday and since I had to work that day and was going to have most of the week off, I called her and said I could come and spend the day after her birthday. We talked about going to my aunt's house where we can lounge around the pool and I could get all of the fresh blackberries that I can use. I get along really well with my aunt too, so I was looking forward to it.
Then my daughter said she wanted to go too, so now it's going to have to be on one of her days off, which this week, is Tues and Fri. She wanted to go Friday because then the husband gets home earlier and the dogs wouldn't be left alone so long. I said ok. Now I just found out husband will be home later than usual on Friday. This will not be ok with my daughter. *sigh*
So now I have to decide if I want to go ahead and go by myself and have daughter upset with me, or do we go on Friday and have daughter upset all day because of the dogs. All of this and I just wanted to spend a nice day with my mom and my aunt.
I've also been wanting to go to Clifton Gorge and hike around.
http://www.dnr.state.oh.us/dnap/location/clifton.html
I went there when I was in Girl Scouts and I haven't been back since. I thought I'd do that and then spend some time hanging around Yellow Springs.
http://www.yellowspringsohio.org/
It's a neat town with a lot of neat shops. Well, husband has said he wants to go hike around there with me. Ok. But he has leg issues and that limits when we can go even more than his work schedule does. Then we would have to deal with daughter either going too, and leaving the dogs, or daughter not going and being upset.
Why does it all have to be so complicated? I have the schedule that I can do these things pretty much when I want (the ONLY perk of my job, btw) and yet I feel encumbered by others and their
issues.
Hmm.....ok, what I need to do....is go ahead and do these things with the understanding that I will do them again with them when their schedules line up with mine. I wonder how that will go over....
No comments:
Post a Comment