
Yarn - Classic Elite Flash, Lotus Blossom, 4 skeins
Size 7 US needles
Daisy Sweater by The Yarn Harlot from Knitty.
This sweater has been sitting around waiting to be sewn together for months. Lesson learned, knit raglans from top down from now on. I struggled with the raglan seams trying for both comfort (flat) and attractive. Seaming is not my strength. I could not find both and decided comfort was more important as I thought about car seat straps and things. I'm not happy with the way it looks, but I'd be less happy if I thought it didn't feel nice. The sleeve seams look nice, but are quite bulky. I'm hoping a bulky seam there won't be an issue.
The sleeve seam.

This project was started in an effort to use up some stash. I had 3 balls of this yarn. I had to buy another to finish the sleeves, so I bought plain orange and was making stripes. I lost the sleeves on a bus and had to buy 2 more balls. I found the multi-color yarn on sale so I didn't do the stripe. So my effort to use up 3 balls of stash ended up in my buying 3 more balls of the yarn. The yarn is quite soft, and Baby B hasn't outgrown it yet, so I'm happy with the project overall. I'm even happier that it's done and out of the house!
1 comment:
I've done that before, buying more yarn when trying to use up stash. I think it was on a baby jacket, too. The Daisy sweater is gorgeous!
Post a Comment