Thursday, October 11, 2007

So much for working from my stash.

Some day I may learn to never say that, at least out loud. I am going to have to buy more yarn. Last night, my DIL asked if I would make some hats for Baby B to go with her winter coat. There is no way I would refuse such a request! She wants one to be a solid color and one to have the 4 different colors that are in the coat. While I may have the colors in my stash, they won't be soft enough for Baby B, so I'll have to buy something. She wants one of the ear flap hats (fun!) and one she saw with a brim. I'm still hunting around for a brimmed hat pattern like she wants. I'm not to where I can look at a picture and just knit something up, at least not this.

Katy's test has confirmed bladder cancer. Her new medicine will arrive tomorrow.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

(((Katy)))

hesira said...

I'm so sorry to hear about Katy's cancer. I'll keep her in my thoughts.

As for destashing. It doesn't count if you're buying it with a project in mind.....does it? :)

vtwopoint5 said...

Thanks Helen and Hesira. We are spoiling her even more than usual these days.

As for destashing, I've decided that any yarn bought for Baby B doesn't count :)