Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Blue on blue

I have been knitting, less than usual and nothing is completed, so that makes little to blog about. I have finished the first set of the chart for the rectangle shawl.

Rectangle shawl

Maybe it wasn't the best idea to take a pic over the magnets , but I was too lazy to move them.

I have been doing things around the house. I was sitting in the living room the other day and decided it was finally time to deal with it. That room had collected everything that wasn't in any shape to go into another room, like the chair a puppy chewed, the worn out couch, and other odds and ends that I don't want to get rid of, I just don't want to see for a while. So we cleared out everything except the piano and only things I want in there will go back in. Then we painted the walls. I chose blue. When I first started painting, I was so disappointed because the color appeared to be like an ice blue. It darkened a little as it dried, so I thought it would be ok. The next day it was a little better, but it wasn't what I had in mind. Then today I looked at it and it was just fine.
This is the weirded paint color I have dealt with. It took two days to become the color on the paint chip and it varies so drastically depending on how much light is on it. Here are some pics.

living room paint color
living room paint color
living room paint color

This one shows it best as I like it.
Living room paint color

When I get finished (who knows when that will be - I'll have to get new furniture), I think it will be a great room for me in the summers. The winters, maybe not so much. I know it's an unusual color for a living room/entrance hall/stairway, but I like it. I think I even want the black and white tiles that I have in the kitchen and dining room. Not very traditional :)

No comments: