Thursday, August 02, 2007

Local Knitting Group

Another lady and I have started a local knitting group. That sounds like more effort was put into than there was. What happened was that there was a yahoo group set up, but they never met, and the lone moderator wasn't approving messages in a timely manner for there to be any effective communication so one of the group emailed me and we went from there. So I set up a new yahoo group and I have been surprised by the enthusiastic results. We meet weekly at a neat Coffee House, Luck Bros.

Luck Bros Coffee House

Will I finally be able to overcome my aversion to groups?? We'll see. A few of the people have been in other groups that have split, or fizzled out, mostly because of one or two people who ruined it for everyone. That seems to eventually happen to all groups so we'll see. So far it's a lot of fun with great people!

2 comments:

knittingbrow said...

I didn't know that was you who took over the knitting group! I like knitting in groups because of the variety of projects that can be seen.

I might have to make an extra effort to come...if the offer is there.

vtwopoint5 said...

The offer is most surely there! We meet at Luck Bros on Wednesdays using 6-9 as a guideline for time. Sometimes a few go to Old Bag of Nails next door for Happy Hour (half price appetizers and drinks from 2-6pm) before knitting. It's a great group and I hope you can join us!