Maybe I will get the baby sweater done before she starts school. First I knitted the sleeves and discovered there was not quite enough yarn. Ok, I know, I'll make striped sleeves! So I went to a LYS and ordered a hank of a solid orange. Wide stripes or thin? After fooling with it, I decided on 2 row stripes. I got to where I was almost finished with one of the sleeves while I was in NYC. The knitting was taken to use up airport time.
Well, the airport turned into a bus station that turned into an all night bus ride where I didn't sleep, and didn't knit or do anything at all except wonder how much farther we had to go. I was unable to see any road signs to measure progress and I wasn't wearing a watch to measure time. I know why kids keep asking "are we there yet?" We changed buses in Pittsburgh and I worked on the sleeve while we waited to depart. That's the last time I saw my knitting. My sleeve is traveling the country!
So I have ordered a new needle set to replace what I lost, and today I went to a LYS and found 2 hanks of the tri-colored yarn and no solid color so there will be no stripes after all. While I was there, I got to meet knittingbrow, who is even more charming in person than he is in his blog :) I would have bought much more yarn, but first I stopped at NTB.
Signs that you spend too much time (and money) at a tire store - you hear
1) "We can't patch the hole because we would have to patch over a patch."
2) "You haven't finished that book yet?" as you arrive....
So yeah, two new tires, unexpectedly. Again.
2 comments:
you are very sweet.
i'm glad you introduced yourself!
may those new tires keep you safe while you travel!
Oh, BB! Sucks about the lost knitting. Sucks even more about having to take the bus. Looks like you had fun in NYC, though!
Post a Comment