Wednesday, February 07, 2007

It's a conspiracy

Why does the time before a nifty vacation have to be stressful? I still haven't had a chance to fully decompress and recuperate from the lack of sleep. Although, with sleep apnea, I will likely never make up the sleep time. Yesterday was supposed to be my easy day. Work some, but not a lot, get my hair done, and relax.

Even getting my hair done didn't give me the boost it usually does. Then there was the drive home.
A 10-12 minute drive took 2 hours. I left the shop at 4:30 and got home just after 6:30. All for a few inches of snow. I have been exhausted since then.

Tomorrow is an all day training that is guaranteed to be excruciatingly boring. Usually I just accept that as part of the job, working for the gov't. There is so much I need to do, and there I will be, trying not to get annoyed. Speaking of job, the new job still hasn't been posted so I have not been able to apply for it yet. I hope I don't miss the chance while I'm gone.

Last night mom called. When I asked "how are you?" she said "oh, ok." in a way that was not convincing. Then she told me she had been in the hospital for a few days - she had a minor stroke.
Oy. She's ok and said there was no damage done.

Today is Puppers heart test. Hopefully results will be available tomorrow. I have to take her. I usually have husband do it to avoid my becoming all emotional, but he is in a training session today.

I have no idea if I have enough stuff to pack. If not, I'll just spend the time sitting on the balcony nekkid. Hmm....maybe I'll spend time doing that anyway. Our balcony will be covered.....

No comments: