Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Easing back into life

The other day, husband came bouncing in here saying "I didn't know you have a blog!". Oh? Ok.
I laughed and told him he would not learn anything new by reading it and there wasn't really anything in here I wouldn't want him to read, but I wrote it with the idea that he wouldn't read it. He shrugged it off and said ok. It turns out the new blogger doesn't have, or I haven't found, the option to not have your blog show up in searches.

Work conditions have been most unpleasant since I have been back. The people I talked to were fine, after I would finally find them home, but the weather and the office people have been pains. I applied, with help from a friend, for the job opening I heard about. So far, all I've received is a generic postcard saying I'm on file and if they are interested, they will call me for an interview. The job is still showing up on the website, so I'm hoping that means there is still a chance.

The internet was off most of today. We switched from cable tv to satellite, but kept the same internet since husband's work pays for it. So this morning, when the internet disappeared, it seemed obvious to me that when they turned off the tv cable, they also turned off roadrunner. So I called tech support and dealt with the condescending voices saying "No, that's not supposed to happen." and they had me go through all kinds of things to try to find the problem, since it had to be me, of course. rolls eyes. FINALLY, they said they'd send someone out since it's a business class account. The guy showed up quickly. I explained the situation and he said he knew exactly what happened. Whoever shut off the tv cable didn't pay attention and also shut off the internet. This all just reinforced my feelings about office people and how they know nothing about the jobs they supervise. Grrr.

No comments: