Saturday, January 20, 2007

New Yarn!

So much for my plan to deal with stash :P


The yarn is Knitpicks Palette, which I guess you can see on the labels :) I also got a couple of the new Options needles to try out, the 16 inch circulars in sizes 1 and 3. If they are as great as I have read that they are, maybe I'll go for the kit.

My plan was to work from my stash, only buying nice yarn for specific projects. Then I got the book about Tams....my plan went out the window. I really want to see what I can do with this. Mixing colors should be fun, not stressful....I keep telling myself. I think my first attempt should be with only about 3 colors, to get the feel for it. Now to pick out which ones to start with, and yet save my favorites for when I have mastered a few skills.

This yarn can be used for so many things that I'm not concerned about it becoming permanent stash. Plus, maybe it will help to fully convert me to wool. We'll see. The yarn does feel soft.

2 comments:

hesira said...

That is such a great picture. I can't wait to see some tams!

Alison said...

I like Palette. I'm making vests for my girls out of it. I also really like the needles. The smaller ones have wonderful points for lace!