Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Katy and Lucy

Katy and Lucy

I took this pic last night as they were settling down for the night. Not long after I took it, Katy (the tri-color) became sick. She vomited several times through the night. At first, since she looked comfortable on the bed, I contorted myself to fit in a small space. When she continued to get sick,
we ended up on the couch downstairs by the back door at about 5am. Yay for her figuring out that it's better to do that outside! I could at least stretch out most of myself there. Then about 6am, Lucy wanted to join us so I ended up being unable to move for the rest of the morning.

I took Katy to the vet and after various tests, the conclusion is she ate something she shouldn't have or she has a virus. Let's hope it's not a virus so we don't get a repeat with Lucy. Poor baby is on heart medicine, and medicine for a serious UTI (last week she peed on the carpet and it was the wrong color), and now medicine to settle her stomach. I knew she wasn't feeling well when a bunny ran by about 10 feet away and she didn't even blink.

Surely I will sleep well tonight.

No comments: