Friday, April 06, 2007

Almost finished sock



This is the first hiking sock. I think, after several starts, I have found something that will work. The yarn is Classic Elite Flash - 100% cotton. I'm doing a toe up (easy toe), and a short row heel. I think the heel will be the weak part of the sock and I'm not sure what I will do about that for the next pair. The foot part is plain stockinette, using size 5 (US) needles and knitting tightly. The cuff is a 3-2 rib using
size 6 needles and knitting loosely. The size 6 are Pony Pearls so they are longer and stickier and I don't have to worry so much about the stitches slipping off. This is taking a bout 1.5 skeins per sock even though the lady at the LYS said I would need 2 per sock. That's why I did the toe up, just in case.

Why am I posting about an almost finished sock instead of a finished one? The other day I was so pleased at how easy the yarn was now knitting, that I knit way more than I usually do. Now I remember there is a reason I am not a marathon knitter :P I'll rest the knitting parts of the body for a few more days before finishing it.

I've started another blog. The other one is not anonymous, so I am behaving on it. I've edited some things from here in case anyone bothers to find this one :P

It's Betty's Blog.

2 comments:

hesira said...

NIce looking sock. Hope you don't mind my manic commenting. I've been too busy lately to read or comment anywhere, so I'm trying to catch up.

Knitting pain. I've had it too.

vtwopoint5 said...

Comment all you want, comments are good :)