On a more positive note than my recent postings - last week, the day after I got back from the cabin, I picked up my new glasses and then got my hair done. That gave me a boost and I plan on
starting up swim lessons again tonight. I made a huge change in the glasses frames. My old ones are rimless with nifty titanium sides. The Most Comfortable Glasses Ever. I could even fall asleep in them without a problem. But I was starting to feel really blah about wearing them. I would need to wear eye makeup all of the time, which I seldom do, hence the blah feeling. My new frames are black plastic (well, around the lenses is metal, but it's made to look like plastic) and they only come in one size, so comfortable is not an adjective I'd use. But I love the way they look. In this instance, I'm willing to forego comfort for vanity :)
So I went from these:

To these:

I've noticed that people now look at my eyes. I don't know where they were looking before.....
Knitting has slowed down lately. Still working on blanket for Baby B (wishing I had invested in a better quality yarn for it), my hiking socks, and the Irish Hiking scarf. When I picked up the scarf again, I liked it. I think how much I like it is directly related to how dry my fingertips are. Around the same time I was disenchanted with the scarf, I wandered through The Merc and all of the wool felt too rough for me. Even wool that I previously thought soft.
I started a baby hat with the fixation yarn, and I didn't mind working with the yarn as I started it, but the more I get done, the less I like working with it. I've got to try it with bigger needles. I'm trying to finish things up before starting on something new. I've done some of the piecing together of the baby hoodie - man, do I dislike seams. More motivation to make alterations for working as much as possible in the round in the future.
I'm getting the urge to try my hand at dyeing yarn. I see that in my future :)
And in the spirit of finishing things up....
iTunes -P, Q, R, S
Paul McCartney
Peter Ilyich Tchaikovsky
Phil Collins
Prince
Procol Harum
Puff Daddy
Queen
R. Kelly
R.E.M
Rage Against the Machine
Robert Palmer
Rick James
The Righeous Brothers
Rockwell
Santana
Savage Garden
Seal
Shania Twain
Shanice
Sly and the Family Stone
Smokey Robinson
Spinners (It's a Shame near the top of my most played)
Squeeze
Stevie Wonder
Stone Temple Pilots
1 comment:
Either you've been a prolific writer, or I've been a lazy commenter, but I have been reading. I think this is my most favorite of your music lists. Queen of course, but I had my Squeeze faze too. Matter of fact, think I'll tell DH to download me some. Thanks for making me think about it!
Post a Comment