Wednesday, May 10, 2006

The Moonville Tunnel.

I've just returned from spending a few days in my favorite part of the state. I like to go to Lake Hope and spend a few days on my own. On a previous trip, I tried to find the Moonville Tunnel, but was unable to get past high water in the road. The tunnel is supposed to be haunted.

http://www.graveaddiction.com/moontun.html

To find the tunnel, I had to drive a few miles on a gravel road, and through the swamp area I was unable to get through before..



I was told to stop at the metal bridge and park my car and look for a trail.


Ah, the trail...


I found it!






Now I knew about all of the stories of the tunnel being haunted by a ghost or two. I joked that the ghost must not have liked me because I didn't see it. I walked through the tunnel and took a pic from the other side. I felt a chill as I walked back through but hey, it was just the tunnel effect for a breeze, right.

After I got home, I looked at my pics. I was quite surprised as I looked at the pic I took from the other side of the tunnel.

No comments: