Mom seemed very pleased with my idea for a belated Mother's Day outing. My daughter went with us, so more is always better. We went to the Tea House in her town. It's a reservation only place and since we went on a Thursday afternoon, we were the only ones there. When we got there, the lady said we should choose a hat from the decorations to wear.
Much to my surprise, mom and daughter both went along with that. I do the hat thing so it wasn't an issue for me. The place was beautiful - in an old mansion that is being renovated to be a Bed and Breakfast. There was plenty of food - we took a lot home with us. Anyway, mom was impressed. In fact, she said "very" impressed.
We went from there to see the Princess Di exhibit at the art museum. It turns out she actually liked getting to see the exhibit. I didn't know that she was someone who got up at 6am to watch the wedding all of those years ago. It was a nice exhibit and I found myself really admiring her dresses. I'm not into fashion at all, but these were absolutely gorgeous.
It turned out to be a good day.
No comments:
Post a Comment