
Speaking of cotton, enabler Hesira did it again. She pointed me in the direction of this sale. She is either an enabler or psychic. What she wasn't aware of, that I know, is that right before she sent that to me I was contemplating a few things. I was looking ahead to when I plan to quit my job (YAY!!) and thinking I will have no yarn budget for a while. I was thinking I have plenty of lace and fingering weight yarn to last me a very long time. I was thinking I should get some thicker yarn because knitting only with tiny yarn is not optimal. I was thinking I should decide on a yarn to use for the Dickinson Pullover. The organic cotton seems to be exactly what I needed. I just ordered 25 skeins of the forest color.
As a note to myself mostly, I hit a different goal. I've lost 10 lbs without feeling deprived at all. It's all about lifestyle changes. I was thinking losing about a pound a month may be the way to do it and keep it off. I don't dwell on it, I just occasionally weigh myself to see what's happening. What I have done is mostly eliminate fast food french fries (except for the once a month craving that must not be denied). Those things are evil and dangerous. I know if I eat them any other time, I will once again have to go through fry withdrawal, but now I don't miss them and don't feel deprived. Husband went through a nutrition program at work and has started thinking healthier. Don't get me started on how he was able to lose about 5 lbs in 2 weeks just doing that. Another thing, if I want a cookie, I wait until I want it bad enough to go to the trouble to bake some. If I want ice cream, I go and get a dose of the good stuff, and I want it less often. And finally, getting a bit more active, which was pretty easy to do when you start from zero :) Anyway, I figure in 2 more years, I will have achieved my goal. If it's this easy, I can wait.
3 comments:
congrats on the weight loss! we have also taken a turn towards the healthier lifestyle...and you're right, it's not so hard. my biggest thing was moving from white to brown rice. can't wait to see the lace blocked; will steam hurt modal (or whatever the synthetic is in shine)?
Thanks! Isn't it nice how little changes can make a difference?
Yes, the synthetic is modal so maybe you're right about steaming it being bad. I guess I'll just wait and block it.
Seriously, I'm a little psychic.
I can't wait to see your valance blocked out. I know it will be gorgeous.
Congrats on the weight loss. It is a great feeling when you make small changes and they add up.
Hugs for Thanksgiving! Check out my blog tomorrow and I'll have a special thanks tune.
Post a Comment