
Speaking of the Knitting Group, I may be getting over my group avoidance thing. Everyone in the group is so positive and new people show up most weeks. Who knew you could have a group of people where nobody sits around complaining or bitching?
I've just placed an order to Knitpicks for a few more needles (will it ever end?) and some yarn to knit the lace curtain. After this, I am determined to work through some stash and not buy any more yarn, except for maybe some sock yarn to make these.. Ravely is helping me organize my ideas and to see what I really want to knit. Now the trick will be to avoid seeing too many new things.
One reason I want to stop spending money on knitting supplies is that I want to start spending money on quilting supplies. I knew it was inevitable. So far, we have only painted the living room, but yet I can clearly see the quilt I want to make for it. I've never done any quilting so I will be starting from scratch. I don't plan on making any fussy, tiny pieced quilts, but I like the looks of the bigger pieced ones like found on yarnstorm's blog.
3 comments:
Hiya!
Speaking of quilts...
http://knitandtonic.typepad.com/knitandtonic/2007/09/ill-blame-it-on.html
I, too, am not a fan of the fussy tiny piecey quilts (well...I am, but I don't want to make one) but I loved this one. Maybe because it looks so undone.
Molly (A)
Hey! You have been missed on Wednesdays. Maybe we will get to see you next week.
I like that quilt too, esp the pic with the dog on it.
The baby dress is coming along beautifully!
That is one fabulous quilt. I don't, nor I have I ever quilted (well, if you don't count the one time my infinitely patient gramma lost patience with me as she tried to teach me to cut hexagons for one she was making. Hence the reason I don't quilt), but the lovely ladies summer quilt is enough to make me want to try.
I can't wait to see what you come up with!
Post a Comment