Thursday, June 05, 2008

What's with all of the yellow?

I used leftover stash to make this market bag. That explains the yellow that doesn't quite go with the rest of the colors, but I made this to see how I like the pattern. It doesn't stretch as much as I expected it to.
Market Bag

The placemats are now on the table. I'm working on another one just because I have the yarn. While the pattern in general looks much better with higher contrasting colors, these match the walls, so I like the colors ok. The kitchen, that's not showing, has yellow walls.
Placemats
Placemats

The lace valance is now up in the kitchen window.
Lace valance in the daylight.

The Wednesday night knitting group has changed venue and everyone seems to be happier with the new location. Here is a pic of us our first time there. New people have been coming each week.
The gang

4 comments:

Maureen said...

Very lovely. Your dining table looks so pretty, I wish mine could stay so clutter free.

vtwopoint5 said...

Thank you Maureen! I wish mine could stay clutter free too :P

Anonymous said...

Nice work on the valance! It turned out really well. Everything looks great but to knit a valance earns you a spot in my personal Knitting Hall of Fame.

Two Cables and a Frapp said...

Oh stop it ! I love the yellor on that bag. The placemats are wonderful. The valance, to die for. Wow, what a knitting group, so many people. What fun !!!