The baby blanket. It needs to be blocked and then a duplicate stitch flower put on. Simple? I thought so until I tried duplicate stitching on something else yesterday. My eyes only saw the stitches upside down. I had a heck of a time with that and took it all out. But the knitting and crocheting the edges are all done.

The lace valance. It needs to be blocked. Notice a theme? :) I have brand new foam blocks to use (thanks DH!) and I have a nice table upstairs to use to place the blocks to keep things safe from pupper paws. The obstacle? Clearing off the table.

The dress for Baby B. Yikes. It needs to be stitched up. I was trying the duplicate stitch on the pockets I made for the front. Oh, then stitching on the pockets. Then crocheting around the edges.
I know all of these things are not complicated. I'm just not that great at it and I want this to look really nice.

The market bag. I don't think I will have any issues finishing this. This was my airport/airplane project. I didn't want to risk my Options being considered a lethal weapon and I didn't want to knit with anything else, so I found a crochet project.

Daughter's scarf. I cheated and counted it as an FO on Ravelry, but it's so simple there would be nothing to add when it was done. Only it isn't getting done. When daughter saw it, her face looked less than thrilled even though she was polite. She chose the colors but I guess she had something else in mind. Anyway, I need to get it off of the needles, so it's on this list.

By the time I finish all of this, I hope it's still cold enough (did I just say that????) to continue working on the Big Wool Sweater.

My plan to quit my job in January has been change to in "about 3 months". It looks like if I stick it out for 3 months, I can keep the part of the job I like and not have to do the part I don't. We'll see how that works out.
3 comments:
Hello there,
I love every project you've done. The baby blanket is wonderful, my fav is the market bag (I think). I like your daughter's scarf, I wonder what she had in mind. Is the market bag a made-up pattern of yours ???
Thanks for the compliments! The market bag pattern can be found here. http://www.sugarncream.com/pattern.php?PID=133
I hope to make a few more one of these days. Daughter is warming up to the scarf a little bit. She might think it looks obviously hand made and she's not into that look.
Whoa! Kudos to you. I'm taking my own sweet time finishing things these days, but you're getting things done!
It all looks great. Keep up the good work!
Post a Comment